Thursday, December 3, 2020

First digit change!

I started my most recent, and first serious weight loss adventure back in August after hitting an all time high of 485 pounds. OP can be seen here for anyone interested: first post

Just weighed in this morning and I am back down into the threes for the first time in probably 5 years! 397 now, still a long way to go, but down 88 pounds since August 17 and no signs of slowing yet. I have gotten into a good routine that averages around 15-1700 calories per day and never has me feeling like I'm starving. I'm still allowing my self a once a month "no count" cheat day, but I find even on those days I am not overdoing it because I am just so much more aware of the effects of my eating and I don't want to derail my progress.

Earlier this year I had all but given up on life. I couldn't participate in family activities, and blew off most social events unless they were really important. I thought I was just going to be fat forever, and when people expressed concern for my health, it didn't affect me because I didn't really care to extend my miserable time on this planet. I was never suicidal, I just truly didn't care any more. But all that has changed now. I look forward to my weekly weigh-ins, and would love to be able to travel someday and see more of the world, so I am using that as another goal.

I just wanted to take a few minutes to hopefully help motivate someone today, because I have been greatly inspired by reading about other's successes on here. If I can do it, I truly believe anyone can, even if it sometimes feels like you can't. Just keep trying, that's all any of us can do.

submitted by /u/wljourney485
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lzptOI

No comments:

Post a Comment