Tuesday, December 1, 2020

From 450lbs to 170lbs - 3.5 year update. The journey doesn't end once you hit your goal weight, but you can do it!

Hey everyone,

It has been 6 months since my last update, so I just wanted to post and let everyone know how maintenance is going for me and what it looks like. I think it is important that people get to see what happens after you are "done" with your weight loss journey.

Here's my previous post as a refresher: https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/gumowa/from_450lbs_to_170lbs_in_3_years_imagine_where/

Here's a look at how my weight has fluctuated over the past 6 months and month: https://imgur.com/a/1RwyMtE

I have been able to maintain my weight well while at home in my normal routine, but I went back to my hometown 3 times in the past 6 months and whenever I do, I tend to binge and go overboard without a good routine. As you can see, that leads to some major weight gain over just a few days that can take a month or more to lose again. I just completely throw my usual healthy eating and exercise out the window and eat whatever I want, including fast foods, snacks, desserts, and honestly everything. I am trying to learn to relax while visiting back home without completely losing it and eating 5,000+ calories a day. I feel comfortable with not bingeing while at home in my normal routine, but I do still struggle with overeating peanut butter sometimes and will binge on protein bars. I recently bought 5-6 jars of peanut butter and 100's of protein bars from Black Friday sales that I am hoping I will be able to eat slowly throughout the next year.

Diet:

Breakfast: 6 eggs and a handful of cheese, two slice of toast with peanut butter or avocado, an apple, carrots

Lunch: healthy choice microwave meal, can of tuna, two scoops protein shake, a big plate of broccoli and cauliflower dipped in hummus, and then another piece of peanut butter toast or a protein bar or two, or 5 lol.

Dinner: Chicken and veggies, BBQ meatballs, Turkey and Gravy, or some other small protein based meal.

Snack: before bed I usually have a casein shake and some cottage cheese or peanut butter

Exercise: I lift weights 1-2 hours in the morning, 1 hour run/jog at lunch and then a 2 hour run/jog after dinner.

I am happy to answer any questions anyone has. I visit this reddit frequently, but don't post that often since I am just kind of living my life now. I eat very healthy and exercise a lot.

submitted by /u/FreethoughtChris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KRQIXT

No comments:

Post a Comment