Monday, December 7, 2020

I don’t really know where else I could post this. I hope it’s okay for me to talk about this here.

I could just use some support, I guess. I’m probably blowing things out of proportion, but I’m anxious.

In September, I started to get serious about my weight gain. It was mostly from insulin resistance, and I knew I had been terrible about carbs and sugar since covid hit. So I buckled down, went high protein and very low carb (not quite keto, but about 40 grams of net carbs). So far I’ve lost almost 20 pounds, a little over 10% of my body weight.

But that hasn’t even been the best part. I have psoriatic arthritis, fibromyalgia, migraines, and PCOS. I’m no longer in pain and stiff when I wake up in the morning. I’m no longer fatigued, I actually have energy. My muscle pain is pretty much completely gone, and I’m slamming my workouts. Even my migraines have greatly reduced, and my skin is super clear.

The problem though (this is a little TMI) is that I’m having a period every 2 weeks now. I’ve done some reading up, and it seems like my low carb limit might be the culprit.

I’m going to the doctor tomorrow, and of course we’ll discuss it. But I’m scared that she’s going to tell me I need to add more carbs back to my diet - and with it, the pain, fatigue, migraines, and psoriasis breakouts. Now that I feel this good (almost normal? not sick?) I don’t want to go back. But I also can’t be on my period two weeks out of the month either.

And of course I’m afraid adding back carbs will stall my weight loss. I’m just sad and worried that all this great progress I’ve made will be undone, and isn’t sustainable for me at all.

Head pats and advice are appreciated. ❤️

submitted by /u/CrystalGoddess78
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36Qoy8h

No comments:

Post a Comment