Wednesday, December 23, 2020

I never though a doctor would tell me that I'm not fat enough

Some background: I was always a heavy child and reached my peak weight of 270 my freshman year of high school. I began dieting and exercising, and by senior year I was down to under 200. I was even more active in college and reached the best shape of my life in those years. Then I got a sedentary job, I got older, my metabolism slowed, and I gained back a bunch of that weight. Now I'm on my second weight loss journey.

I'm posting because of something I saw in the news lately. The county I live in has been detailing their plans for distributing the Covid vaccine.

Group 1a includes frontline workers (nurses, doctors, paramedics, etc) and elder care residents. That group is being vaccinated now.

Group 1b includes people with pre-existing conditions such as cancer, COPD, etc. I was looking at the list of conditions that qualify a person for group 1b and I was surprised to see that obesity (BMI > 30) was listed.

I usually don't bother checking my BMI, but this made me curious. So I plugged my current stats into a calculator I found online and I came out at 27.6! Honestly, it made me feel pretty happy. Sure, I have to wait longer for the vaccine, but finding out that I'm not medically obese anymore has helped motivate me to keep going.

So yeah, as a former fat kid and currently overweight adult, I never thought I would hear doctors tell me that I'm not fat enough! 😂

submitted by /u/MookSmilliams
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JewYxg

No comments:

Post a Comment