Wednesday, December 23, 2020

NSV: Too skinny to be eaten if we got in a plane crash!!! LOL

Last night, my boyfriend and I did a social distance "get together" on Zoom where we played games like JackBox and whatnot.

At one point, we were supposed to point at people who we'd eat if we got in a plane crash - Lord of the Flies style (we wrote on paper/dry erase boards since we were on Zoom). No one said they'd eat me! My boyfriend was like "man why wouldn't you eat ImAKillerQueen - she looks tasty!" lol and they were like "no offense but she's really tiny and wouldn't give us much meat. But [our friend] Drake tho, Drake thicc"

Such a stupid NSV, but I've never been called "tiny" and I'm truly honored to not be chosen to get eaten in a plane crash scenario. Lol

---

Since the rules say I need to include details on NSV posts...

I started my weightloss journey in the first week of May 2020, and have lost 65 lbs (steadily 2lbs a week). I did this by slowly reducing my calories to approx 1200/1300 (or more depending on exercise) & slowly adding more exercise to my daily routine. For the most part, all I do is find ways to eat the things I love, but making healthier substitutions and being serious about portion control. I try to think of my meals of fruits or veggies with a side of proteins, grains, and starches. Making the high volume, low-calorie fruit/veggie the star of the meal really helped shift my healthy eating mindset. I eat this healthier lifestyle very consistently. Because no food feels “off-limits”, I don’t feel the need to regularly have cheat days. I genuinely and truly eat what I enjoy every day. My “cheat days” are very special occasions; boyfriend’s birthday, my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversaries.

I find that the most important thing in my journey has been finding exercise & foods I love - developing sustainable habits that foster a lifestyle change rather than doing some sort of crash diet. I'm sure we all know that the most important way to get weight off and keep it off is to make changes we can stick with.

For anyone interested, this is a very sciency article about the habit changes that help with sustainable weight loss: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5764193/

And here is a really good tool for calculating how many calories you need to eat to lose weight: NIH Body Weight Planner http://BWplanner.niddk.nih.gov

Edit for some more details:

As I look forward to 2020:

I am less concerned with body weight now, and more concerned with maintaining my weight loss, achieving a body fat % and muscular look. I have looked at pictures of 5’5” women at 18-20% body fat, and I think that’s the body I want to aim for.

I recently started reading Thinner Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews, and I have found the book informative and it describes a diet & workout plan that I am comfortable with. I plan on following The Year One Challenge for Women by Michael Matthews because, again, it describes a workout and nutrition routine that I am comfortable with and appears to foster the kind of body I aspire to have.

I am hoping to finally get a General Practitioner, and make sure that I have no deficiencies and make sure all my body levels (blood sugar, blood pressure, heart, etc.) are doing well.

I have DEXA Scan scheduled for Dec 27 just so I can see where I really stand in body composition. That would be useful info.

Most importantly, I just hope to keep up the habits I have successfully fostered in 2020.

submitted by /u/ImAKillerQueen
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KzgD6S

No comments:

Post a Comment