Tuesday, December 22, 2020

I'm feeling kind of alone today.

Sometimes I feel like this is the only place I can honestly talk about my weight struggles and get real feedback and validation. I am the only person in my life right now who is on a weight loss journey, so talking about it with people who aren't trying to lose weight seems kind of pointless and bothersome. Not bothersome to me, but to them, because if you do have a weight problem and someone starts talking about their weight loss, it makes you focus more on your own weight problem, and if you don't have a weight problem then it's hard for you to relate to someone who does.

Why am I going to burden these people with my woes about water weight and being annoyed about going over my calories and how I'm itching to meet my goal this month and all the little stuff that's not important to anyone but people like us? I feel like I need to keep these feelings and thoughts to myself, but I also wish I had someone IRL to talk about these things with without feeling like I'm bothering them or that they don't care. I do have my SO and he supports me in my efforts, but he doesn't find weight to be important so he doesn't want to hear the play-by-play of my journey, nor does he really need to bc he lives with me and can see what I do and how I eat. And I do have people that are supportive in that they are rooting and cheering for me, but no one that can really relate to me.

Is anyone else in this boat? Do any of you find support outside of this community? How do you cope with being alone IRL on your journey?

submitted by /u/TomorrowGlass2959
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3avq1Dk

No comments:

Post a Comment