Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Is 1200kcal too restrictive?

Okay so I lost some weight 6 years ago on a 1200 calorie diet. I managed to lose all the extra weight in 6 months. After that, I gained back some of it, and ever since then I am struggling to get to my goal weight because I am trying to eat a variety of healthy foods and satisfy my cravings from time to time. Also I started exercising more so of course, I am hungrier, so I let myself have more protein from different sources. All this in mind, right now I am not happy with my body and I definitely want to lose the extra fat.

Now, I’ve been scared to restrict myself in calories because I don’t want to damage my metabolism. And 1500kcal just doesn’t work for me(or my weightloss). Even though all the calories I eat come from healthy foods - I try to eat whole foods and organic meat, and I have treats here and there - the weight loss is super slow. I managed to lose around 6 pounds for the last two years. And I want to hit my goal weight by the end of March (my birthday) which is 13 pounds less.

My question is - is a 1200 kcal really that bad? I had some success before but I was a teenager. Will it do damage to my body if done for 3-6 months?

submitted by /u/zziani
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37H9hXS

No comments:

Post a Comment