Tuesday, December 22, 2020

I lost weight, got a job and I am happier than ever

26 year old female here. Despite the pandemic, this has been one of the best years in my life. I have struggled with anxiety and weight for my whole adulthood. I started visiting a therapist sometime in December 2019. She pushed me to try new things, which helped me with my weight loss too. Around March I started working out a bit and gradually made changes in my diet. I am 150 cm tall and used to weight 62kg which is overweight for my height. I weigh 54 kg now which made a big difference and it is a healthy weight. It felt great when ppl around me noticed the change.

I found new hobbies too, that make me go outside. This month, I landed my first full time job which wask a huge goal for me, and I feel lucky because they wanted a uni degree and they accepted me despite not having one (due to my anxiety I never worked full time either and did not have much work experience). I feel so lucky honestly. I am planning to lose 4 more kgs but the progress is slowing down. I am more happy for my mental state rather than just my weight.

What worked for me: - finding more hobbies where I do not just sit at home and eat junkfood- I go to painting classes for example - moving more - find an activity you like, like hiking or even just do more chores, anything to move more if you lead a very sedentary lifestyle like I did, also important for mental health - calorie counting AT FIRST, to get a good grasp of caloric values of foods and how much i need to eat - no sugar in water, not even tea. Had to experiment with new flavors here like adding cinnamon or lemon to my tea - no snacking at all unless im really hungry, otherwise i eat 3 times a day - more fruits, veggies and more protein - this way you have less space in your daily meal plan for unnecessary carbs or fats - this may not be for everyone but I eat the same breakfast every weekday - a 200 kcal smoothie and this way I keep good track of my calories. Most days I eat the same lunch too - a whole grain open sandwich with cream cheese spread, deli meat, 1 hard boiled egg and veggies, and then dinner varies + varied foods during weekend

Just felt like sharing my happiness and I hope the tips help someone :)

P.S. please visit a therapist if you struggle with mental health

submitted by /u/EmilieBlanc
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aBvwQM

No comments:

Post a Comment