Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Is this a healthy way to lose weight?

Before I start: I wanna say that I am NOT promoting anything here! I am just genuinely asking a question, please don't take this post as me saying you should do this, I'm not even sure if I should do this. I am just asking for advice.

My mom did this and she lost around 150lbs; I want to try it, too. It worked so well for her so maybe it would work really well for me?

I'm 5'1, female, around 260lbs. I'd like to have a starter goal of losing 30. My big goal is to get down to 160lbs! When I was 16, I was 330lbs - now I'm 21 and have managed to stay pretty much between 200-220, but quarantine and a difficult breakup (abusive relationship) caused me to gain a ton of weight due to emotional eating. I'm ready to change! It took me so long as a teenager going to the gym every day after school to get down to 200lbs, I hate that I've gained 60lbs back...

My mom used to use protein shakes when she was first starting her weight loss journey. She'd have a shake for breakfast, a small snack, a shake for lunch, another small snack, and a light dinner in the evening. Coupled with lots of water and light exercise, she lost a lot of weight.

I was talking to some of my friends who are really into fitness - half say it's healthy and safe and it's a good idea for me to try, half say it's extremely unhealthy and likely to cause me to gain even more weight. I'm confused!

What are your opinions on this? Is this a good method of weight loss? If I decide to do it, will I cause myself any harm to my health? I really just want to lose weight and be healthy. I'm currently on a medication that reduces my appetite by a LOT so most of the time I only eat 1x per day anyway...I am almost never hungry in the morning or at lunch, only hungry by dinner, so maybe incorporating shakes would actually help...?

submitted by /u/SnooFoxes2403
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2I2rOno

No comments:

Post a Comment