Friday, December 18, 2020

I’ve reached my goal weight, now what? Looking for tips and advice on transitioning to maintenance without obsessing about it

This week I finally hit 150lbs! 7 months and 65 lbs down from my starting weight. I bought a subscription to Noom back in June and have been weighing myself and logging calories daily ever since.

It was easy in the sense that I always had a clear goal in mind and knew exactly how to get there. Stepping on the scale every morning helped me understand and overcome frustration, and calorie counting kept me aware and accountable. But now that I’m “there,” I’m not quite sure how to start the process of maintaining. I was planning on turning daily weigh-ins into weekly ones and loosening up on calorie counting, but I’ve noticed I start getting restless if I try. Breaking this routine feels unusually difficult this time around, considering I’m not a routine type of person. I’m able to decrease my exercise just fine, but that’s because it’s easy to lose motivation during the cold months 🥶

I’ve calculated my TDEE and also wear a Fitbit so I can see how many calories I burn daily. If I just lounge around for most of the day, I usually burn about 1800.

The biggest question mark for me comes down to the scale. What is maintaining? Is it staying exactly 150, or allowing myself a safe range to stay in? What is that range? Maybe 148-154? I just don’t know. I’ve lost weight before but I’ve truly never been able to maintain in my life so I’m a little wary. I just feel stuck in the weight loss frame of mind and need to figure out how to move away from that without moving too much.

So what does maintenance look like to you? How much do you track your stats and CICO? What was it like those first couple of weeks after hitting your goal? What was/is your biggest challenge?

submitted by /u/MeinLieblingMeinRose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2LPmkhw

No comments:

Post a Comment