Friday, December 18, 2020

Abnormally flabby arms. Is this normal?

I literally made this burner account just to post here. I need some help, reassurance and guidance as I’m in a really sorry state.

I’m going preface that today, I went into a spiral of mental turmoil when I really looked at myself in the mirror (which I tend not to do), but I lost 10 pounds and was feeling groovy. Then I took a good look at my arms and nearly gagged. I have a freaking fat pad that rolls over my elbow. I’ve spent all morning looking up reasons why people put on extra weight in the arms and came across lipedema, which now has me absolutely mortified and in an even worse mental state than I was before. I’m 23, 5’5 (F) and weigh 182 pounds. I realize people tend to have problem spots that go away with weight loss and you can’t target fat, but this just seems so abnormal. I was 220 at one point— my worst, about 5 years ago (so 18) and don’t remember them being this bad; they were bad, but not like this. I feel so numb and sad. My arms have always had a presence of their own and they seriously make me hate myself to the fullest. I always have them folded or crossed at my midsection just to make them look smaller. I haven’t worn short sleeves in public since middle school probably.

My question is, will this actually go away with weight loss? My goal is 125-130, but I just don’t see this correcting itself in 50-55 pounds. It looks like these things weigh 50 pounds alone and I’m definitely a bigger girl. Should I consult a doctor or should I just keep going?

Never thought I’d post photos of my body anywhere, albeit cropped, but here’s some pics.

Thank you. Stay safe and healthy everyone.

submitted by /u/WishfulPromises
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3gZgPs5

No comments:

Post a Comment