Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Official one year mark. 317 lbs. -> 224 lbs. Size 44 ->36. XXXL -> XL. Small concession for a crap year.

I've posted not too long ago, but these two pictures are officially one year apart. My journey began when my wife and I separated. A year later we're nearing the end of a divorce I don't want. In February she told me she wasn't attracted to me anymore. And when I looked at recent pics versus when we met I was disgusted.

I immediately began changing my eating habits and I quit smoking weed. I was definitely one of those who ate way too much stoned.

I took several hits throughout the year that would give me a boost to work harder. In May I found out my wife was texting a male coworker and was hanging out alone together. That was right around the time she stopped trying to work things out. That's also when I took things more seriously and went to a weightloss clinic my job paid 80% of. It was great in the beginning but it was basically meal planning. Once I was seeing consistent results I stopped going.

In August I got really drunk one night and suicidal. I called my wife and she heard me cock a gun. I didn't use it but ended up in a behavioral hospital and my wife later filed a protective order which was denied. I got rid of my guns and quit drinking. That made a big difference too. After that week my weight loss increased a lot faster.

In September my wife filed for divorce and I was given another boost to work hard. 2 weeks later a mutual friend confirmed she had already been dating someone. I forgot to mention in January I was diagnosed bipolar with severe depression and anxiety. I was (still am) on all kinds of drugs, many of which cause weight gain. So when I found out about my wife my depression hit hard. So I'll be honest, about 15 of those pounds lost we're because I simply couldn't eat. I was basically doing a 24 hour fast each day. I'd drink one protein shake and that was it for 24 hours.

After all that about a month ago I got Covid and lost my sense of taste and smell. That made it a little easier to not eat bad foods.

I'd like to say I was in the gym every other day but my workouts were minimal. Mostly walking a mile or two here and there. Bought an elliptical I've used 5 times since May and I used resistance bands a few times a month. So this has mostly been dieting.

My brother in law (6'10" - 250 lbs. former semi-pro basketball player) suggested I lose a little more weight before he begins to train with me. So my next years goal will to work on definition and gains. I'm just proud of where I am today given everything going on. From here on out, I'm doing this all for me and to be able to keep up with my little girl.

https://i.imgur.com/afehoMq.jpg

submitted by /u/Anghel412
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Jekl5i

No comments:

Post a Comment