Thursday, December 3, 2020

Real talk: alcohol is consuming my daily calories, and I’m struggling to stay in a deficit.

Posting here as a rant, because I know the answer is “cut back on booze.”

The first 40 lbs came off pretty easily- because I was able to achieve a deficit by simply eating less. Food was never my addiction. I’ve had a pretty easy time “volume eating,” finding healthy substitutions, etc.

I’ve come to a point in my journey where I need to switch focus. My food intake is in a healthy, reasonable, nutritious place. But my alcohol consumption is preventing any further deficit. This has led to a year-long plateau.

My boyfriend and I are 30, no kids, and we enjoy drinking almost every day after work. It’s such an enjoyable part of our daily routine. Food is easy to say no to, because it’s not my “reward.” That daily drink is.

After tracking calories every day for years, it’s clear that alcohol eats up at least 50% of my daily calorie allowance, and then puts me in a surplus.

I am looking for advice/ support from those who reached the same impasse in their weight loss journey. Cutting out more food would be unwise at this point. More exercise is an option, honestly I don’t think that’ll be a long term fix.

submitted by /u/Shining-Polaris
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37xKMuP

No comments:

Post a Comment