Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Reminder that indulging during the holidays is OKAY! Everything in moderation

I LOVE the holidays, but for the past few weeks i’ve been feeling stressed out about gaining weight during thanksgiving and the holidays. When I first started my weight loss journey I was SUPER strict about what I ate and I constricted a lot. I didn’t realize how horrible I was treating my body til the beginning of November. The whole point of weight loss is to make it sustainable and make healthy changes that are manageable. I’m still working on it, but to those of you who are like me and are “all or nothing” kind of people, trying to find a balance is key. For thanksgiving I ate 2 and a half servings of mac and cheese AND a slice of pumpkin pie and was over my daily calorie limit by 200 calories. I definitely did feel guilty, but if you’re eating healthy 80% of the time then treating yourself is OKAY. I reminded myself that I deserve to eat unhealthy food every now and then. I didn’t eat breakfast or lunch that day because I knew I wanted to eat a bunch of unhealthy food for dinner. The next day I had leftovers, but was able to fit it into my calorie needs/goal. Same thing on Sunday. It was not the healthiest food and I definitely went over my macros, but it’s progress. I’m glad I didn’t over eat like crazy, but was still able to enjoy myself this past weekend. The amount I eat fluctuates and some days I meet my calorie intake/macros, but some days I barely meet 1000 calories due to being a busy college student/stress from midterms, finals, work, etc so I try to drink protein shakes, nuts, etc. These past 5 months i’ve implemented intuitive eating and it has helped me a lot. To those of you who are scared about the holidays and gaining weight, don’t be. You deserve to nourish your body and enjoy yourself and all the yummy food. Remember that balance is key and you just need to figure out what works for you.

submitted by /u/simplys96
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mwsdxt

No comments:

Post a Comment