Friday, December 25, 2020

Struggling to lose weight 24F 5’2

Hi everyone,

I’m struggling a lot with losing weight. I was around 55kg my whole life and pretty fit, but in the last few years I went on medication for my depression, and two of the side effects for my specific medication have been weight loss or gain and an increased appetite. I subsequently have gained 30kg in 3 and a bit years.

I’m obviously overweight and I’m extremely self conscious about it. I stopped my medication after discussing with my therapist and doctor, and joined a gym in august. For my birthday in September I was given PT sessions. I went twice a week for a couple of weeks, then dropped down to once a week. I lost a couple of kg those first few weeks, but have really not seen much result since then.

I was doing a food diary and have been gymming 3-4x a week since October now, but I haven’t even lost 5kg. I don’t think I’m eating extremely unhealthily, and my PT has been pretty happy with my eating habits overall.

Obviously Christmas time is a hard period when you’re trying to lose weight and control food etc but im just so frustrated with the lack of results.

It’s been long enough now that I feel I should be seeing more results, and I’m just so tired of working out and eating pretty well (80/20) and nothing coming of it.

Does anyone have any advice? I don’t know what to do next

TLDR: eating 80/20, working out pretty regularly, not seeing results. What next?

submitted by /u/thornsandroses9
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aJj6Xm

No comments:

Post a Comment