Thursday, December 10, 2020

Take care of yourself, even if you're trying to lose weight

So I had been in a plateu-ish place in my very slow and steady weight loss of .75-1lb per week, and I was losing only .5lbs now, which I was happy with because even if it was slow, my life style changes were sustainable and I was happy with the muscle I was putting on;

However, I just had exam week, and it only took a few days to fall off the wagon of healthy living. I had become a little terrified of weight gain, as I was weighing myself 2 times a day now, and I knew that exam season is usually a time when people tend to overeat the stress away. I did the exact opposite. I wasnt even eating 1000 calories a day, I skipped 2 of my four small meals, i forced myself to do my 2hrs of walking everyday and to continue working out, studying, and getting barely any sleep. My bmi dropped to 21.3, I lost 8 pounds in 4 days, I did poorly on my exams, and my strength in the gym plummeted. It was miserable to not be able to bench anywhere near my working weight.

I realized that weight loss isnt just losing weight. I probably lost mostly muscle, and although the scale went down, so did my mood and strength. You have to find a balance that works for you. For me, that was half a pound a week. Even if it was slow, it helped me get disciplined to walk everyday and lift weights and eat healthy, and more importantly, to be happy with my way of living. Losing weight isnt reaching a certain number, but it's making yourself a better person physically and mentally. You have to be happy with your life. If you hate how hungry you are, how tired and sore you are from workouts you dont enjoy, then you need to reevaluate your journey. The hardest part of your journey shouldnt be the parts you are supposed to enjoy! If you go the distance everyday, then you will see results. Dont try and lose too much weight in little time because I am telling you it is miserable. I look worse after losing the 8lbs actually.

Just as you shouldn't eat to compensate for stress, dont under eat( in extremes, be at a healthy calorie deficit of 100-500cals) for the sake of reaching a specific number. You deserve to be healthy and happy, whether you are 400lbs or 90lbs. Dont punish yourself by skipping meals or forcing exercise to burn off all your calories. Workout hard to feel good, eat enough to fuel yourself. Dont do what I did :)

I am excited to have a break from school and eat healthy and train harder everyday!!! Enjoy your holiday guys!

submitted by /u/SnooJokes2480
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IEwq3A

No comments:

Post a Comment