Thursday, December 24, 2020

Weight Loss Partner/Mentor

Tl;dr - Motivated 180lb male (5’5”) looking for an accountability buddy or mentor w/ similar stats to share weight loss journey. DM me and let’s connect on how to help reach our goals!

Hey everyone! I’m thankful for this community and I’m trying to get in the habit of sharing more on here. (In the spirit of renewed motivation, I created a new account.)

Having gone from 180lbs down to 160lbs over multiple cycles, I find myself near 180lbs again. Many of the successful stories on here as well as my past successes have a common theme of integrating an accountability system (friend, nutritionist, etc.) So I’m looking to connect with a buddy or mentor from this community who once started or is currently starting in the same range of personal stats. Open to weekly check-ins, recipe/workout trades, one-time advice on a cadence that fits our schedules and accountability needs.

A little more about my weight loss journey - I’ve had a strong connection to food since I was young and I find much joy in eating (mostly eating out with friends but also binging alone). With such an emotional attachment to food, I’ve begun to realize I have an unhealthy relationship with eating and I’m looking to really examine and resolve this issue. When I turned 20, I signed up for a personal trainer and this helped me learn the basics of exercise and dropped my weight down to 160lbs with disciplined eating during the week. I gained the weight back in a year of college and had another round of dropping to 160lbs and gaining it back. I’m now at a point where I actually enjoy working out/being active, and I like the thought of healthy meals. But I also still love all the unhealthy foods and haven’t left my bad eating habits behind me. I intend to track calories daily on MFP and build new habits of exercise while deconstructing my bad habits of binging junk food.

If you find yourself in a relatable position, let’s connect and help each other reach our goals! Here’s to a healthier you, me, and community! Let’s get it!

submitted by /u/newhabitz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3mNimTk

No comments:

Post a Comment