Tuesday, December 1, 2020

What helped me lose 10.7kg in 40 days (~23lbs)

Hi, I'm F22, SW 100kg (~220lbs), CW 89kg (~196lbs), GW 70kg (154lbs). I still have a loooong way to go until my goal weight, but I've lost almost 11kg so far which is a huge amount, so I'll think of myself as qualified to give out some small tips/changes in habits that have helped me:

  • First of all, I lost my weight thanks to a very strict CICO - very low carb diet, plus 16:8 intermittent fasting. I used to exercise 3-5 times a week but haven't been able to for 1 month now because my gym is closed, but I never lost any weight when I was exercising hardcore anyway. I only started losing weight when I changed my diet. So yeah, don't rely completely on exercising. There's no way to lose weight other than adjusting your eating habits.

  • Meal prep. Please, I beg you, start meal prepping. As a college student I'm normally too lazy to cook and that results in me ordering in all the damn time or eating snacks like chips or sweets as meals. But since I started meal prepping - cooking my lunches and dinners for 4 days at once, I completely stopped getting take aways or ordering in and I can control my food intake much, much better now.

  • Buy a food scale. Weigh your food, don't be lazy. If you plan on trying the magical CICO method, a food scale is a must. You will never be able to eyeball calories, so invest in a food scale and you can leave the calculating part to so many convenient apps like MyFitnessPal etc.

  • If you often cook with oil, measure the oil into a separate bowl beforehand (for me I measure out 2 tablespoons when I meal prep for 4 lunches + 4 dinners and only allow myself to use that much oil). Use a silicone food brush to brush your oil on the surface of the pan instead of just pouring straight in from the bottle. You need less oil than you think, trust me.

  • Brush your teeth right after your last meal. This prevents me from late night snacking when there's something binge-able in the house. Also brushing my teeth kind of sends a signal to my brain that I'm done eating for the day, so I don't even have the urge to snack at all.

  • Stop watching food related videos on Youtube, TikTok, Instagram, etc. I can't even count how many times my diet was ruined just because I watched some cooking tutorials or mukbang videos and got irresistible cravings.

  • Only go grocery shopping when you're FULL. Whenever I go grocery with an empty stomach, I fall into the trap of the variety of snacks and processed food at the supermarket and before I know it, I already grabbed 163726282 bags of chips and 927383 chocolate bars. Make a shopping list, buy exactly what you need and get the hell out of the supermarket as fast as you can.

  • Get rid of sugar, completely. No sugary drinks, no sugar in coffee or tea, no sweets, no sugar in cooking. Be strict to yourself, because sugar is addictive. I cut out sugar completely from my diet and when I'm really, REALLY craving something sweet, I go for grapes. Which, of course I will weigh before I eat so I don't accidentally consume 1000 calories worth of grapes in one go.

  • Drink! Water!!! I drink 2l of water everyday.

  • Portion control with the help of food containers with compartments (so I can see the ratio of carb-protein-fiber I'm eating), or simply reduce the size of your eating plates. Plus, EAT SLOWLY. Eat two grains of rice at once and your tiny portion will seem much, much more than it is.

  • Invest in an air fryer. Trust me, it's worth it.

  • If you MUST snack (like me), I recommend the air popper to make plain, oil free sugar free popcorn. Snack on them, they're healthy and low in calories compared to any snacks out there.

  • Don't trust nuts, they are not as innocent as they look. I gained 4kg from macadamia nuts. Oh boy.

  • Konjac (shirataki) noodles have changed my life. Almost no nutrient value other than fiber, but very low in calories and keep you full for a long time. Do some research on it, it's worth it.

That's pretty much all I've been doing. I haven't exercised properly in a month, but I do take long, leisure walks (6-8km) about 3 times a week. Honestly these tips are not groundbreaking or even new to anyone, but if you have the self discipline to stick to it, you'll definitely see results.

I wish everyone success on this weight loss journey!

submitted by /u/j__ani
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/36qACNi

No comments:

Post a Comment