Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Did I ruin my metabolism?

Hi guys, thought I'd post here and get some opinions.

F(38) 5'2", SW(183), CW(162), GW (125). I've been eating low carb and calorie counting since December 2020. I had lost 20lbs as of early February. My daily calorie intake was between 1200-1300 and I went to the gym a few times a week and walked briskly on the treadmill/elliptical. I started reading about intermittent fasting and then water fasting (not promoting here!) and thought I'd give it a try to maybe speed my weight loss along.

I ended up eating way too few calories (like 500) for about a week, then I fasted for four days. This is NOT my usual approach and I felt unhealthy doing it, but I wanted to try it for myself and see what it was like. That's a whole other post...

Not surprisingly I did lose more weight, got down to 158 lbs, but of course my body wasn't happy and I overate the next three days. I say overate, however I'm positive (as I've been tracking calories for months now tracked these) that those calories didn't remotely add up to the calories I didn't eat for that two week period of super low calorie/fasting.

Okay, now to my question. I'm back to my 1200-1300 calories/day, normal low-carb whole foods that I was doing. But now this seems to be making me gain weight, as I'm back up to 162. Do you guys think my body is just evening out again after all the fluctuation? Or did I mess up my metabolism and now to start losing again I need to eat less or more? I've read so much conflicting 'science' and I just want to get back to a slow, steady, healthy weight loss pattern. Thanks so much!

submitted by /u/RevolutionarySun5533
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sM5jEW

No comments:

Post a Comment