Friday, March 19, 2021

Has anyone ever had a “weight loss buddy”?

My friend D and myself have both been overweight for a long time. Most of our other friend group are thin ladies so she’s the one I’d go to to talk about weight loss and body image issues, and vice versa.

I’ve now been sticking to my weight loss routine for just 8 weeks, but about 4 weeks ago I slipped up and binge ate badly. D and I ended up having a 3 hour long phone call about how we are done being over weight and this time around we are really gonna stick to it and lose weight long term.

We spoke about our plans, how we’d execute them, healthy dinners to cook on our next girls night, joining a gym together, all that jazz. We promised to encourage each other every step of the way and not let each other give up.

A couple days after the long phone call we hung out with a group of our friends and told each other “remember to stay on track tonight even if it’s hard! we’ll help each other!” but D did not stay on track and I did not help her that night. She asked me if I would judge her if she ordered unhealthy food, and I would never judge my friends so I told her no, I would not.

She has since texted me many times about how she will never lose weight, she can’t do it, it’s useless. I feel guilty for not helping her as much as I promised to but I feel uncomfortable telling my friends “you shouldn’t be eating that”.

Has anyone else ever struggled with this?

submitted by /u/spiderwoman65
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/38Y1J37

No comments:

Post a Comment