Friday, March 19, 2021

Joint pain due to weight loss?

Hey everyone!

I hope this question is allowed here, but I'm one of those people that decided to work on my weight after new year, though it's the first time I actually stuck to my routine. I dropped over 15kg by now (I think that's about 33 lbs) and am at a weight I haven't been on since middle school (i have always been overweight).

Although I couldn't be happier with the progress, I have come to discover some more unpleasant sides of losing weight, most notably being joint pain. I am an art student and earn my money through commissions. When my wrist started hurting, I assumed it was due to my work overload, as I have been drawing non-stop for the past months. For some reason, I disregarded that the other one hurt too. When the pain extended itself to my elbows, once again I thought I had a bad posture whilst drawing. Then my fingers followed. I kept on blaming it on my excessive drawing schedules. And honestly, it started to get problematic as I found myself getting slower with my work. My joints also started cracking, which is something new. I also dropped my work out routine, such as doing push-ups, to spare my wrists and elbows.

Eventually, I put two and two together when cutting in my exercises and drawing didn't help one bit and my knees started to hurt too. I am not in terrible pain, and nothing is swollen, though. It feels akin to being sore if you have sitten in the same position for too long.

I tried to google the symptoms, but if you look up stuff about joint pain and weight loss, most of the results talk about how weight loss can relieve you from it. As for my diet, I just cut in my kcal intake and started working out. I have always eaten decently healthy, but the main cause of my obesity was the fact I ate giant portions.

My current guess would be that the pain is caused by an unbalanced diet/vitamine deficit. I also take fat burners, so I want to look into if they can have an effect like this on the body... honestly I'm not sure about anything.... Does anyone share this experience and/or knows good sources I could look into?

Thank you for reading! <3

submitted by /u/ALypseInWonderland
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3c0cNP3

No comments:

Post a Comment