Friday, March 19, 2021

At the low end of my usual yoyo range, this time I will succeed

So last year I was in France for a holiday, at my highest weight ever and surrounded with petite French ladies that indulge in all these good and calorie dense things without being overweight. Young and old, they're all very slim.

And apart from feeling mostly disappointed in myself for gaining all that lockdown weight it clicked for me. I always think that I'm not getting enough. I always think that I have to eat it ALL and eat it NOW or it will be gone.

I grew up poor and not getting enough is something that has been ingrained in me. I didn't realize this. Yoyoing my way through my adult life, and triggering myself to binge by withholding too strictly. I now understand why I couldn't succeed in getting to or staying at my goal weight.

My weight loss journey has been slow, and filled with tasty and healthy things. I typically don't eat breakfast and will lunch with a big bowl of oatmeal or a salad. If I'm hungry I'll have a snack at 3/4 in the afternoon. Fruit or crackers. Im lucky in the sense that I really like cooking healthy dinners and my SO does this as well.

Slow and steady I'm now at the low end of my yoyo weight, 72 kg (160 lbs) and not one time did I feel like I'm on a diet. My goal weight is 66 kg (145 lbs).

Thanks for reading, I hope my story can help someone!

submitted by /u/polly1nyara
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OHaoQO

No comments:

Post a Comment