Tuesday, March 2, 2021

NSV- My weight loss helped me recover from Covid quickly

One year ago in March I started doing CICO and increasing my activity level in the hopes of losing weight. I didn’t have a specific goal weight, but I knew that I wanted to be healthier overall. Over the past year I’ve kept at it and managed to lose 50lbs, and I’ve also taken up regularly running and lifting weights.

Fast forward to 10 days ago, when I found out that I had been exposed to Covid by a member of my household. I quickly developed symptoms, but they never escalated to the point of me needing any medical intervention. I’ve been on the mend for the past week, with hopefully no long term negative health effects.

When I was actively sick, I had a friend who is a cardiologist checking in with me to keep tabs on my symptoms, just making sure that I didn’t have any reason to worry about my heart health. I had a very proud NSV moment when my friend told me, “you’re such a healthy person, that is really going to help you recover quickly.” She called me a healthy person! I was obese at this time last year! Thanks to my weight loss and active lifestyle, I had great cardiovascular health going into my illness, and I’m recovering faster than I ever expected. I’m taking it slow and monitoring my heart rate as I reintroduce exercise into my routine, which is easier to do since I’ve spent the past year keeping tabs on my heart rate as I’ve become a runner.

I’m happy to be thinner and to fit into cute clothes, but the real reason I needed to lose weight was for my health. I got lucky with my covid experience, but I also got to reap the rewards of my hard work over the past year. I love and am happy to live in this body.

TLDR: I caught covid, but I never got very sick. My recovery has been fast, and it likely would have been much worse if I had a higher BMI or if I weren’t an active person. I’m grateful for the work I’ve put in this year to be a healthier version of me.

submitted by /u/ILikeVariousThings
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OeIdba

No comments:

Post a Comment