Sunday, December 12, 2021

Methods to control cravings, avert the need to stress eat, and build a healthy relationship with food?

Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, I’m a 30 year old male and have had weight issues most of my adult life. As of writing this, I’m 296 pounds (on a 5’10” frame) and it’s time to get real about weight loss if I want to be and stay healthy. In the past, I’ve mostly lost weight with strict keto and then maintained with a fairly loose version of the Mediterranean diet. This time though, I’m really looking at my relationship with food and trying to fix it. All my life I’ve always turned to food when stressed, depressed, anxious, etc. I think about food even when I’m not bored - Fast forward to today and I have a full-blown addiction to sugar and fat. Any time I am restrictive with my diet and focus on a healthy macro split with a moderate calorie deficit, my stupid lizard brain can’t help but “reward” myself at the end of the day, which always turns into a binge-eating episode. Keto has always worked well for me in the past because I’ve “felt” full, and haven’t had to give up as many unhealthy foods that wouldn’t fit in a caloric-deficit based diet with a more equal macro split. I guess my question is, for people who have been in the same boat as I am right now, how have you approached your cravings? How have you fought binge eating? What sort of mental or physical exercises and activities have helped you avoid stress eating? This really isn’t so much about what I want to do any more, it’s what I need to do, and I’m not willing to let food control my life any more. I’ve also been dealing with what I think could be undiagnosed ADHD recently and am wondering if that could have an effect on anything. Thanks in advance for all your thoughtful feedback.

submitted by /u/crazyforjew
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3lVM6zW

No comments:

Post a Comment