Thursday, December 9, 2021

Should i take whey or whey isolate to boost my protein intake?

Hi,

Just started my weight loss journey a week ago, my diet will be somewhat high carbs as i like oatmeal a lot (enough to even eat it plain, made in water with a dash of milk at the end). I bought a body composition scale to track changes (even if absolute measurements aren't accurate). I want to maintain as much muscle mass as possible while losing weight so should i consider buying whey protein or isolate to increase my protein intake? My calorie count hovers around 1500 with my main diet being as follows (open to feedback):

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, 1 cup of tea (milk, no sugar)
Dinner: 1 cup oatmeal (Cooked in water, dash of milk), 1 cup of tea (milk, no sugar)
Snacks: Nuts, Fruits

Attached are readings from the scale, i take 4-5 throughout the day so that it averages out to a somewhat accurate reading. Kindly guide me how i can retain my muscle mass while losing weight. For exercise, i walk and lift some weights at home.

Starting Weight: 212.3 lbs (96.5 kg) Height: 5'10" Age: 24
Scale Readings of Muscle Mass and Recent Changes

submitted by /u/CookieMonsterMime
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/31BqAJS

No comments:

Post a Comment