Monday, December 13, 2021

Working on beating the long dark freeze.

Im an office worker. It takes me 5 minutes at a normal pace to make a full lap around the building. I dont get much exercise but I try to walk around the office several times a day. Im also a gamer. I have been since I was 16. Its easy to come home and plop down at my desk until its time for bed only moving between the kitchen and the bathroom which are roughly 20 feet apart.

I started covid already at a bad weight but the lack of going outside and stress eating drove it up further. Instead of looking at special diets I would go for a few weeks eating what ever then forget to count calories for a few days and then just drop it all off and on over most of the year. Im looking at my flair that I set back in January of 2020 and even though Ive probably lost 20 lbs, it was always gained right back immediately. Small yoyoing pretty much.

Then this year I got diagnosed with both sleep apnea and degenerative disc diseases in my lower back. The solution to both? Losing weight. I started looking at other health conditions I had. Bad eye sight? Poor circulation? Lack of libido? All of it can be cured by exercising, diet, and losing weight.

For diet I picked the Mediterranean diet. Theres research out there that shows its anti-inflammatory which is good but also cognitive decline, weight loss, maintaining that weight, and may help with depression. That last one is good because its dark before I even get home. Im typing this at 4:35 my time and I can just barley make out the top of the buildings between how dark they are, and the sky. Its often raining or just out right cold when I get home in the dark, which will be in another hour and a half if Im lucky. The street lights are so spares theres nothing to see when walking, so Ill need alternative exercise. I tried walking this weekend but it was raining.

For exercise Ive been doing some research on low impact workouts while also looking at things that 1. Can be done while at work and 2. can target the back. Ive settled on two things. The first is an under the desk elliptical machine. A coworker heard about my attempts to lose weight, she found her old elliptical and gave that tie me. It was the exact same one I was going to buy off amazon. Its not a super strong drenched in sweat machine but I can feel my body temperature rising. I used it last week several times. I wont get ripped from it but as Ive been using it for the last half hour while working I do hope that it burns enough calories to put me into a deficit. CICO. Basic weight loss. Instead of gaining weight, I started last week around 258 and ended friday at 251ish. After the weekend, my worst time to eat, I started this morning at 251.4. I think its doable to get under 250 this week :) Theres a 15 minute morning meeting every day that I should be able to get some time in to work out standing up instead of sitting for some more circulation health.

The second thing Im looking into is a rowing machine. Those target just about every muscle in the body. From what Ive read on them, if used correctly they can reduce back pain and even build up back muscles to help with DDD in my back. I could get ripped from using that. My biggest issue with that is finding space in my house to use it and finding one online at a decent price.

Lastly, I stopped using my Fitness Boxing 2 for the switch about a month ago. That was ok for keeping me at a decent weight level, not so good for losing the bones. It was great for stamina though. I think Im going to try getting back into that a little as well. Ive heard rowing is great training for boxing and though I dont actually box, I want to take classes once covids over.

So I have a diet and an exercise plan locked it. Im hoping for more success this time then the last few times. I pushed off thanksgiving dinner, my birthday passed with little fanfair, and I should be able to say no to thanksgiving dinner as well.

Wish me luck :)

submitted by /u/NickeKass
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3IN32lH

No comments:

Post a Comment