Thursday, July 28, 2022

Any tips for losing weight without allowing it to consume your life?

I’ve actively losing weight for a few months, but I’m finding it consumes every thought. Whether it’s positive thoughts about how far I’ve come, negative thoughts about never being happy in my body, or thinking about what food I’m going to have next, I’m just constantly think about it.

I know it’s becoming bad because I’ve gotten to the point where I have been considering significantly dropping my calories (I’m currently in a 500 cal deficit) just so I can lose the weight and “be done.” Whenever I have these thoughts, I remind myself that weight loss is slow and I have to accept that. I have pushed off other goals, events, having fun all to focus on my big goal of losing weight. Also, I have about 3 events in August where it’ll be impossible to carefully track and count calories and I’ve been stressed about what to do (though I know I should just enjoy the event and move on).

Does anyone have advice on making weight loss less of a focus in my life? I’ve considered taking a break from the scale to really just focus on making good food a daily habit and not focus on the actual loss. But I’m terrified that I will unknowingly not lose. I’ve also considered taking what I learned and ditch calories counting. But again I am scared to not lose because I really do want to lose weight.

submitted by /u/Excellent-Summer0
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/9318Een

No comments:

Post a Comment