Saturday, July 16, 2022

Gained 10 pounds during traumatic breakup

My ex-fiance and I ended our 10-year relationship last month in a traumatic way (he is an alcoholic and did not want the separation). It was/remains the most stressful thing I have ever experienced. We are now entering negotiations to settle finances (no shared kids, thankfully), but he is already making it a long and difficult process.

Over the last two years, I've managed to lose 90 pounds and reach my goal weight using CICO. I stayed away from all alcohol and sugar/processed foods while limiting carbs. Since the beginning of June, though, I have binged (but continued to track) about 5 times a week. I've eaten everything I can get my hands on... boxes of crackers, huge cakes, ice cream, whole loaves of bread... things I never used to eat and successfully stayed away from during my weight loss.

Today I got on the scale to learn that I've gained 10 POUNDS over the course of the last 6 weeks, and looking at my tracking app, it's not a surprise why. 3,500 calories = 1 pound of fat, and the math adds up. The problem is I CAN'T STOP MYSELF! Even with intensive therapy 3x week, my emotional eating seems to be out of control, and I do not want to backslide. I have to get my head back in the CICO game, start really weighing my food, and not give into cravings. I refuse to let this breakup undo all of my progress. Help, please!

submitted by /u/Ok-Dingo345
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/6JvRkKn

No comments:

Post a Comment