Wednesday, July 20, 2022

I am done trying to lose weight now, but am afraid of gaining it all back

I’m a 5’ 7” female, weighed 128 pounds this morning. 1500 calories is leaving me feeling weak and tired and makes my workouts feel miserable, so I’m moving up to my maintenance of 1900 calories and trying to maintain. I do hour-long strength workouts about 4-5 days a week.

Before I started trying to lose weight, my weight would move up and down from 140-145 over a four year period, and I know that’s normal for it to fluctuate, but I went in and out of struggles with overeating and I think I did look a little different when I was 140 rather than 145, but no huge changes. A bit of a shot in the dark, but I’m going to guess I would eat an average of 3,000 calories every day. Maybe I’m being dramatic, so I’ll say somewhere between 2,500 and 3,000. I never really counted, I just know I ate a lot. I still did strength workouts then, but what I’m doing now is a lot more intense.

I lost the weight pretty steadily over a little more than two months. When I started, I was losing easily at 1700 calories. I found out at the beginning of my journey that I was mildly allergic to wheat, dairy, and some other smaller things, so that forced me to cut a lot of foods out and find some substitutes. As a result, I began eating healthier, but my weight loss was intentional. As well as eating differently, I cut back on calories and tracked what I ate.

Now I think I’m ready to be done losing weight. I will keep living my healthier life style. Now I want to do 1900 calories a day, and hopefully someday I won’t have to log it so often and it just becomes habit, but for now it helps me stay on track. I know it’s ridiculous, but I’m afraid that I’ll end up gaining all the weight back. At 1900 I know I shouldn’t, but I guess I mostly fear that I’ll stop logging my food and then I’ll just start overeating again. Does anyone have advice to help alleviate this fear? Thanks! I probably didn’t need to share my whole story but I didn’t want to leave anything important out

submitted by /u/qhyirrstynne
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/LXONZEz

No comments:

Post a Comment