Saturday, July 16, 2022

To those worried about their stretch marks and loose skin after weight loss

I have been a long time lurker here and decided to join for a number of reasons and one in particular: I have seen a lot of people, both men and women, stressing about if their stretch marks will go away or if they will get loose skin so thought I could maybe spread a bit of positivity. I am a 24 year old woman.

Loose skin is genetic, but I lost 90lbs, regained 60lbs and now have lost 65lbs in the span of 3 years. I have no loose skin. I have no clue if this actually helped or not, but I guess its worth noting that I water fasted a good amount of this weight away (55lbs just from water fasting). Let me know if you would like my entire routine, though I suspect you would get the same results from a number of other methods if genetics allow.

I do have stretch marks, none of them have gone away. In fact: I have them all over my hips, my arms and the back of my legs, thighs and butt. I am naturally olive toned and they are very white and noticeable.

I can offer you one comfort: no one cares. Since losing weight, despite not having a perfect body, I have dated a number of very attractive men and none of them cared. In my head I always thought it was because they hadn't seen me naked. My now boyfriend has, many times and doesn't care. I went on several beach holidays: I had men snapping their necks as I walked by in my bikini, stretch marks, cellulite and all. No one cared. I didn't use any creams at all, they faded naturally (but are still there and noticeable, just very white). I have seen so many of you on here, with far better results and more aesthetically pleasing figures than me stressing about it: No one cares. I have been in the situation where I was crying for days when all the stretch marks first appeared, it is an absolutely horrific feeling. This may help no one at all, but if it does help someone feeling a bit insecure then Im happy.

Also, if you have stretch marks on your stomach and slight loose skin, I know a number of influencers famous for their good looks who have both, so feel free to ask and I will show you their profiles if it helps you (it really helped me at the beginning)

I will attach a photo of me now (at 58kg - 127lbs, 5'2 - 157cm), I would love to attach a before, but I never took any photos of myself because I was so deeply insecure. I can find a picture of my face from then most likely and show a comparison if anyone cares. Yes my room is messy, ADHD classics haha

https://i.imgur.com/1h9HFIV.jpg

submitted by /u/Tolkien6508
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/8KRBVQT

No comments:

Post a Comment