Friday, July 29, 2022

After 2 years I'm finally half way to my goal weight.

For context in December 2013 I started gaining weight rapidly. I had just had a baby so I thought it was just me packing on the weight from overeating due to PPD. I gained 80lbs in 4 months taking me from 230lbs to 310lbs. I was miserable and so I tried to make a change.

Despite counting calories, exercising, and trying to do better I gained an additional 30lbs on top of that in 2 months. At this point I asked my OBGYN nurse practitioner at one of my follow up appointments, and she was concerned. During the check up she found that the lump on my thyroid, which I had since 2005, had grown, a lot. Less than a month later I was having surgery to remove my thyroid because I had Stage 1A Papillary thyroid carcinoma. My thyroid had basically stopped functioning, hence the weight gain.

From 2015-2018 I yo-yoed but just couldn't get down past the 300lb mark. I tried everything, I got discouraged and depressed. It was a nightmare.

Two years ago though, my thyroid has finally stabilized, I'm on the right meds, I felt good so I decided to give it another go. I was 342 lbs. I started small, not buying a ton of snacks, getting on my feet more, I didn't watch the scale because I just knew i wouldn't like it and I would get discouraged again. After a year of just eating smaller meals and getting moving more, I had lost 35 lbs. I noticed when my pants started to fall off of my hips so I finally weighed myself.

Last December we hooked up the PlayStation VR and bought Beat Saber and Synth Rider. I started playing every day for about and hour and it made me move and sweat so much. I didn't realize how good the cardio would be just playing a video game.

In March I weighed myself again and much to my surprise I was 299lbs. I had done it! I broke out of 300. I cried that day, I had been trying to get below 300 for years and I had finally done it!

Two days ago I was walking through the mall to the library and I saw a pair of jeans in the window of a store. They looked just like my favorite jeans I had when I was in highschool in the 1990's. I wanted them. So I stopped in, looking for my usual size 26 pants, they didn't have them. They didn't have the size 24 either. I was defeated for a moment when I convinced myself to just try on the size 22. If they didn't fit then that would be that, I'd order the next size up online.

They fit! Slid right on, and it was like they were made for me.

Excited after my purchase I went home and weighed myself. I'm 274lbs. The combination of eating less and playing beat saber since March and I dropped another 25 lbs without even thinking about it.

I just wanted to post my progress and encourage anyone else that is struggling that it is possible. You will get there. Small changes can lead to good habits and weight loss just as much as going to the gym every day and counting calories. Everyone's path is different, don't compare your progress to someone else's.

Keep up the good work everyone!

submitted by /u/Ezada
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/BeQKWJr

No comments:

Post a Comment