Wednesday, July 13, 2022

starting my weight loss journey today

Hi so today is my official first day on my weight loss journey. I’ll give some detail and some back story. I’m posting here to try and hold myself accountable and I’m going to compile a list of what i eat every day and my workout time and at the end of it all I’ll post on here what I did to lose weight. I’m not setting a specific weight goal I just want to feel good about myself. Ideal weight I guess would be 140-155.

So I’m a 21 year old female and I’m 5’5 200 pounds.

Some back story I guess about my self:

So I’ve always been fairly tiny my whole life, always had a round face but never too bad. I started birth control when I was 17 5’3 and gained about 10-15 pounds from 2017-2020 not too bad. I was 150 when I was started feeling terrible from my birth control; sick, period symptoms that lasted 2 weeks, was retaining water. I was 160 and 20 when I decided to see my obgyn and talked to her about it. She said I was retaining water that’s why I was gaining weight and she’s swap me to a new birth control pill to help with the weight and pain. So I get on a new pill and continue gaining weight and I’m dizzy falling over from it. Go back to her two months later I’m 175. Get put on a different pill go back two months later 190. Get out on another one to back 2 months later I’m 210. My diet hasn’t changed too severely I’m gaining weight rapidly they just want to put me on new pills, don’t want to test me for anything. Eventually I go see my doctor tell them to check my thyroid and got a bunch of blood work i had nothing wrong. They just said it takes time to get used to birth control but at that point I was 215+ and not slowing down. I decided I didn’t want to be 300 pounds from birth control. So I stopped taking any medicine I was given.

I decided to weight myself in May I had stopped taking medicine for one month and I felt better mentally and physically. I weight 190 and I hadn’t done any exercise or anything. Well I got to comfortable and figured I’d just be dropping weight like crazy after birth control and I gained 10 pounds between May to today (July 23) so I realized I had to do something if I wanted to feel my best. So I exercised for 35 minutes yesterday had my last shit meal and I slept amazing last night and actually felt good after working out I wasn’t too exhausted. So today I’m officially starting my journey. Im eating 1200 calories a day, not drinking soda, exercising weekdays for 30 mins to an 1 hour taking breaks on weekends.

Birth control ruined my life because it ruined my self esteem and put me into a depression because I was gaining weight so rapidly. I felt like my doctors didn’t care about me or my problem. I’ll never be on birth control again and when I’m old enough I’ll have my tubes tied. It’s not normal to gain as much weight as I did in less than a year when I was eating what I always ate. But wish me luck on my journey and any advice is welcomed. I’d like to be 140 for the numbers but I just want to feel good about myself.

Also I have pictures of myself right now but I’ll post the before and after once I starting losing weight.

submitted by /u/kuromiis
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/ADKfnMc

No comments:

Post a Comment