Friday, July 15, 2022

Organic vs Regular

This may seem like a dumb question but I have been thinking about it for a while. For context I used to eat a lot of sugary foods in small quantities, and I would quickly feel hungry after I was in a binge cycle for a while but I then started eating more healthy in a way. I ate more real food like bananas, greek yogurt, vegetables, but still had foods that were of some benefit but a treat, like a chocolate protein bar. It helped a lot with control over binging.

One of my favorite foods is cereal, not even sugary cereal but things like corn flakes and rice Krispies. Now I realized I could eat organic rice Krispies or corn flakes with almond milk, this made me really happy, but I noticed that the organic brand cereals did not taste as sweet, but still good so I was fine. Then I went to the grocery store and I noticed that cereals I enjoy like from popular brands like kellogs corn flakes, cheerios, even captain crunch are around the same or even less calories than organic brands, and had equal, sometimes more or less sugar. And I was confused why I was making the choice to get the more expensive organic ones. What benefit is it other than natural/non-processed ingredients. Is the affect of the sugar different than the processed ones? does it not spike insulin as much? I feel that otherwise I should just get the cereal I enjoy more instead of the organic ones, unless it is much more beneficial for weight loss/health. Even for things like frozen waffles, why would I buy organic ones if I could just get eggos when its basically the same calories

submitted by /u/Entire-Designer-9243
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/iqvQmdH

No comments:

Post a Comment