Saturday, July 16, 2022

Belittling compliments

Hi! I (F26, SW 240, CW 218, GW 140, 5 foot 3) have made a decision to finally combat obesity and BED once and for all. I lost 10kg (22 lbs) in 1.5 months, sticking to excercise 2-3 times per week and eating between 1200-1500 kcal.

Sure, people notice, I still have a lot of work to do but I'm slimmer already, and instead of just giving the compliment, people tend to give them and insult my a-bit-fatter self at the same time. I hear things like "you're starting to have a really nice shape, not like a blob you used to be", "keep it up, all that fatty fat gotta go, amirite? Good job already tho"

And the point is, I really struggle, when I was younger I used to starve and overeat in a cycle, tried a very healthy diet when I was 18 and I managed to get to 150 lbs, yet I was unhappy, weighed myself multiple times per day, did "experiments" not to eat or drink to see how much I can shed in a day.

I gained 100lbs over the course of 8 years and I experienced the process of just disappearing...all people that gave me high fives and compliments when I was slim, just stayed silent, and now when I'm at the beginning of a really big weight loss journey, they insult me thinking they're nice.

It's really overwhelming. I work on my CICO, relationship with food and accepting myself as a person at the same time, and I never want to insult my "former" self anymore. It's all part of me and my experience. It just feels very sad at the moment.

submitted by /u/asdfghj96
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/o9FCh7n

No comments:

Post a Comment