Friday, July 29, 2022

How do you deal with the snide comments?

I’ve been finally loosing weight over the last 4 years. My heaviest, I was 400+ pounds. Last time I was weighed, I was at 300lbs. I have gained about 30lbs. I want to get to 190, just to say I’m under 200lbs. Every time I try and start loosing weight again, everyone around me says “I’m starving myself.” My spouse, my family, everyone. It’s actually annoying at times.

I don’t see my family much, except for holidays. My grandmother tends to tell me “you lost too much weight” or something along those lines. My dad usually ends up yelling at me to eat. My sister complains about her weight (I’m smaller than her, again), being rude about it.

My spouse keeps telling me, “You just need your extra skin removed” and “There is no way you weigh that much.” He is really supportive of my efforts, offers support, but he tends to say I’m starving myself.

I’m eating less calories, because that’s partially what works for me, along with lower carbs. I eat when I feel hunger instead of boredom. I am eating less, because I’m not binge eating. I tend to start my old binge eating habits because of the comments. I understand that’s something I need to work on internally, but it still bothers me.

How do you deal with those comments from others? It’s really discouraging at times. Society judges you for being overweight, those close to you judge you for losing weight. At what point does the judgement stop?

Sorry for the wall of text and rant, it’s frustrating for me to be pulled in so many different directions. I’ve got to work on my mental health, along with physical health, I’m going to continue with both, I just want to know the best way to deal with the comments.

TL;DR - Family and SO make snide comments about my weight loss, how do I respond?

submitted by /u/Awkward_Key_3233
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7ik6T5g

No comments:

Post a Comment