Thursday, July 28, 2022

You don’t need to be at your goal to be happy. I promise you will feel infinitely better with any amount of progress. Start today.

If you are like a lot of people on this sub you have a lot of weight to lose. And if you have like a lot of people on this sub, it’s your first time trying to lose weight and it’s terrifying. I’m going to use myself as an example.

A few years ago I had over 100 pounds to lose. I didn’t know how to do it I didn’t know how long it was gonna take but I knew it was gonna take a long time and it was going to suck. That was all I was telling myself. This is going to take forever and it’s going to be terrible. But when I hit that 100 pound mark I’ll feel amazing and be healthy.

What I didn’t realize was that as soon as I started eating better (and my damn sugar cravings went away) I felt better. I lost 5 pounds and I felt better. I lost 10 pounds and I went down a size in my pants, I could run easier. I could work out more and I can use my body in a way I never had before. I went down 20 pounds and I felt like I had conquered the world. I went down 25 pounds and I started wearing crop tops. I wasn’t even halfway to my goal and I felt like a whole new person. The only thing that I was kicking myself for was not starting sooner and convincing myself that this was an impossible journey.

And once you lose a little bit of weight and you see the scale go down and not come back up you realize that you can do it. If you do a little you can do a lot. The amount of time doesn’t matter anymore, because OH MY GOD it’s working.

Don’t use that big number as an excuse to not do it, because you’re going to feel so great even 10% of the way there. Go easy on yourself. You can do it.

I’m on my next weight loss journey and I have 60 pounds to lose, I’m already down 8 and I am feeling unstoppable.

submitted by /u/Appleormagpie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/W2HgdVJ

No comments:

Post a Comment