Friday, July 22, 2022

Day 9 into a maintenance break and it feels amazing!

Me: F28 5'6, SW: 218lbs, CW: 168, GW: 154lbs. 50lbs lost!

Reminder to take your maintenance breaks when you need!

I'm now one year into my weight loss journey (50lbs / 23kg lost) and my last maintenance break was 6 months ago over the Christmas and New Year period so this is my first 'normal day to day' maintenance break. And it feels amazing! I'd had 5 weeks of little to no progress on the scale (bouncing up and down the same 1kg) and I was beginning to feel hungry all the time. So I decided to take a 2 week maintenance break where I still kept up my logging and exercise. And boy, I've been feeling an increase in energy, been feeling wonderfully full and sated, and to my surprise I even dropped 1.6kg (3.5lbs) over the last nine days! I got my whoosh!

It's also nice to think about how this is what maintenance might feel like when I hit my goal weight

I'm fully committing to taking maintenance breaks more frequently in the future as I work on the last 14 or so pounds!

Have you taken a maintenance break recently? What was your experience?

submitted by /u/BugWeather
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/wrRqQ7Z

No comments:

Post a Comment