Tuesday, July 19, 2022

How do I deal with this type of person?

17F and I've lost 20lbs in the past few months, almost halfway to my goal. Lately I've been encountering a lot of people who, when I mention I've lost 20lbs, brag about how they've never had to lose weight. How they've always been a healthy weight. For years I've fought with myself, "why can't I just be normal?" "why don't I look like my friends?" "why can't I stand pictures of myself?" - so hearing someone say these things to me is honestly heartbreaking. There's absolutely no need to put me down for trying hard to improve myself and reverse years of neglecting to learn nutrition.

But I've also found myself become defensive, having thoughts like: "Well I'm better than you because the experience of losing weight is teaching me all about health and I'm learning more about my body than ever before, while you'll probably grow old and fat because you never learnt". I have to stop myself because that's really gross and negative. I'm not better than someone because I have to work for my body, or because I've had to endure all my life feeling horrible about myself because of my weight. Though I know I shouldn't think it, I don't have a lot else to be proud of. This weight loss is something I thought I'd never achieve but I'm really doing it, so this irritates me a lot.

So how do I deal with those types of inconsiderate people and how do I stop thinking this way about them?

submitted by /u/nevermindimneverland
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/lpBj0FK

No comments:

Post a Comment