Thursday, July 14, 2022

Confession: Why I’m Losing Weight

I guess I’m new here so for information I’m a 27 year old Male/5’7”/205 lbs. Goal weight is at least 164, but ideally in the 140s or 50s eventually.

Far a little background, I’ve gone on a weight loss journey previously. At 25 I went from 194 to 179. After I made it there I just kind of fell off the train and never got back on until now. In the time since then I ballooned up to 209. Not a life or death situation but for my height that’s technically obese, and I’ve noticed that I’ve gotten tired and out of breath much more easily. And I’m tired of wasting money due to a food addiction.

But these problems have persisted for many years. Why am I motivated to lose weight now? Because I’m ready to find a relationship, and I don’t want to do this as a fat person.

About two years ago, I discovered I was gay. This summer, I’ve finally gotten up the courage to try to meet guys on dating apps, to varying degrees of success. Now this is where I’m going to sound extremely shallow, and I feel bad for saying it, but I’m just not into chubby guys. Many of them can be amazing and wonderful people, but I’m sorry- the attraction is just not there. As a chubby guy myself, I feel like this makes me a hypocrite. But for the most part, these are the only guys that show any interest in me at all.

But regardless, this is what finally motivated me to lose weight. It’s a fact of nature that people are generally kinder to more fit, attractive people. This is true for men and women. I’ve always been an uglier guy, so I feel like the only hope I have to find my ideal boyfriend is to lose weight.

I know there will be other benefits to doing this (all in good time!), but this is how I finally found the drive to get back on the train.

EDIT- Because I forgot to mention this earlier, I feel extreme remorse for this choice, because I fear it makes me shallow. I’m not saying overweight people are undeserving of love, but I’m just not attracted to overweight guys, and on account of my weight, view myself as exceedingly unattractive. This is really more of a rant in frustration, because the reason I had for changing my life for the better is, in my opinion, kind of shallow. But after a summer of constant disappointment, I feel like this is the only hope I have of finding happiness without getting mind-blowingly lucky. Sorry for not being clear earlier.

P.S.- It goes without saying, but please don’t be homophobic in the replies, thank you!

submitted by /u/MetalBroomz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/pQJx8mb

No comments:

Post a Comment