Friday, July 15, 2022

Unable to get off the Struggle-Bus & on to one that takes me to Keeping-It-Off Ave.

Quick background:

  • At age 39 I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, had bilateral mastectomies, under went chemo & radiation. No reconstruction done.(Wt 150)

  • Immediately started on a medication to prevent my body from producing estrogen, progesterone and other hormones due to those being the cause of my cancer. (Wt between 150 - 160)

  • Age 46 developed Endometrial and Uterine Cancer from above medication (listed as a possible side effect) and underwent a Total Hysterectomy. Back on above medication. No chemo or radiation needed...it was caught early. (Wt 160 - 170 & developed a hormone belly)

*The past year have focused my diet on cutting out most carbs & have worked on increasing my step count. I am following a modified Keto diet for the most part & was initially maintaining my wt 170 - 175 (I am 5'2"). I did this because my labs for cholesterol and liver enzymes were very bad & I knew I had to make changes & my GP thought this would be the best route.

*Recent labs have proven this change has helped internally because all of the above levels are in normal range now! Which I am very happy about. Unhappy that my weight has increased to 180-185.

Current: I know working as an ER Nurse & Paramedic, most of the time we don't get lunch breaks. So I have taken to bringing portable snacks that are low or no carbs to sustain me through my 12hr shift. To help me not get hangry!! I really like the diet I am following as I feel better mentally and physically, plus my improved labs are a huge bonus!!! Another factor that doesn't help is, I primarily work night shift or do swing shifts.. plus I'm a workaholic who works extra shifts when help needed is paged out.

I haven't developed a healthy workout regimen & that is where I need to put focus. I'm just at a loss at trying to find something that works with my crazy work schedule, to turn around my weight gain into a weight loss.

Is there anyone out there that has any suggestions, has found themselves in a similar situation and has been successful in their weight loss journey?

Thanks

submitted by /u/Spiritual_Art5581
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cb2F6gm

No comments:

Post a Comment