Tuesday, July 19, 2022

My schoolmates are having a reunion in approximately three and a half weeks; I'd love to drop 5-10 pounds by then. I have some factors to work around.

This wouldn't be my first effort at weight loss, I pushed hard to drop 20 pounds last summer (height 5'5", went from 160 to 135 pounds, currently back up to 140). I'm facing some slightly different challenges this time around, hence my visit here in hopes someone has some advice (and I feel like this is a bit beefy to post in the daily Q&A, mods feel free to let me know if I'm wrong):

  1. The time crunch. I was under no time crunch last summer, I just lost the weight to fit into my pants better. Cheaper to lose weight than buy new clothes.
  2. Global Warming. Oh my god, I dread the idea of going for a brisk walk in this kind of weather. Live in a desert state, for reference, today was about 95 degrees and that's considered low. Going out at night is an option, but... not gonna lie, I'm kinda a coward (and vulnerable, even though this area's pretty decent), walking in the dark kinda scares me. No gym membership.
  3. I never really knew of any good "belly fattening" exercises for beginners, as that's really where my problem area is. Planking/superman seems a bit advanced (or maybe I'm really just that out of shape; I wouldn't complain at a reality check here).
  4. The economy. Obviously, eating healthy has gotten much harder with the way prices on things have gone up, and I live on whatever my dad buys anyways, which doesn't tend to be the healthiest options. Currently I'm subsisting on wheat bread chicken salad sandwiches and tortilla chips and guacamole for lunch, and leftover chicken crack rice (450 calories per serving) from my mom for dinner. When that's gone I have frozen ramen bowls at 100 calories less. I don't eat breakfast.
  5. Time availability. I don't generally have availability to do any working out until around 5 at night on average due to college and work, and by that point I'm pretty tired. I work a desk job from home, but I have a quota to meet so it'd be hard to set aside time during my shift for a workout.

I was sort of the "weird kid" in school, and I would love to show my old friends I'm flourishing now-- mostly just for fun-- and while I know 5-10 pounds isn't a lot, especially at my current weight, it'd go a long way for my self confidence.

So TL;DR, reunion is in 3 1/2 weeks, my weight loss methods in the past have included light cardio, fasting, and calorie counting, but my regular "gym" is a bit too hot so to speak, and I don't have money to spend on lower calorie food

submitted by /u/EscapeTheStates2098
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/RcjU5FE

No comments:

Post a Comment