Friday, July 29, 2022

Success 6 Years In the Making

So, about the time I decided to slim down, I read a study following up on folks who had lost a ton of weight on a reality show and how they fared afterwards. In 6 years all but one had regained all the weight they lost and had slower metabolisms than expected, leading to the conclusion that significant long-term weight loss wasn’t a reasonable thing to achieve. I set my goal to not only slim down, but keep it off.

Now I’m finally ready to call it. 6 years after I (5’10”) went from 216 lbs. to 147 lbs. in about a year by focusing on trying to cut out processed foods and get more nutrients into my diet, I stepped on the scales this morning at 138 lbs.

For all of you still aiming for your goal weight, I’m super excited that you’re picking up healthy habits that will hopefully stick with you long term. I can’t wait to welcome you as another person to prove the study I read wrong. 😊

As for me, I just wanted to share my success with someone. I just reached my goal!!

submitted by /u/notadamnprincess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QT6PLRE

No comments:

Post a Comment