Thursday, July 28, 2022

Please seek Help. Dieting does not change your brain. ♥

There have been a series of strikingly similar posts that center around the concept of :

  • Suddenly people are noticing my body and (I don't like it) (They are weird) (stop!)
  • My family / friends / coworkers are being aggressively different with me
  • I'm in a relationship and my partner is sabotaging me
  • I'm in a relationship and my partner no longer finds my weight acceptable

Dieting more, less, changing it up, adding weights, etc. That's not going to solve your issues entirely. It might plug the hole in the wall for a bit - but ultimately what you're worried about is still on the other side.

Therapy is not just for 'big things'. Therapy can help you manage your feelings of helplessness, worthlessness and anxiety around your weight loss concerns. Turning in circles, asking for advice can be helpful for a while but ultimately you need the right mentality to tackle your life and keep moving forward.

I know financially many people are in difficult positions. Some countries offer free therapy under medicare / medicaid. For people who have a small amount of money, there are sites like Betterhelp. For those with no money there are sites like 7 Cups that offer 100% free counselling.

By no means am I saying 'shaddup we don't need these posts!'.I'm saying, please, take care of your brain as well as your body and find a comfortable way of hitting back at negativity and a personal narrative that keeps you strong and safe.

Ok, sorry to anyone who didn't want to hear it. Hopefully people who needed to can use some of the sites I mentioned to explore options.

Um. Thanks!

submitted by /u/LorienDark
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/A8Qe7xP

No comments:

Post a Comment