Sunday, July 10, 2022

Being super strict works for me, why is that such a bad thing?

I always see people talk about how bad it is to be restrictive, but this is how I am and what works for me. I'm not sure why it is so demonized on this sub.

I have lost 122lbs (273-151, 6ft). I LIKE being restrictive and hard on myself. Of course, there are times where I don't like it in the moment but I love the results and how disciplined I have become. Food feels like no match for me anymore. I can stop eating at any point and I eat only for fuel. I fat shamed myself every day during my weight loss, because being fat is shameful to me and no amount of coddling myself is going to change that, so I used the self hatred as motivation. I know I'm not fat anymore but I can't lose sight of how terrible it was.

I have strict rules about what I can eat, when I can eat and how much I can eat. I exercise daily regardless of whether I want to or not. That is just what works for me, abiding by these rules makes me feel satisfied as an "all or nothing" type of person. It isn't a disorder, I am just choosing to live my life this way and for some reason, people get mad. So what if I don't eat every day and I don't eat bread? I'm not hurting anyone. I don't understand why people like me are always lumped in as "disordered" when in fact I'm the happiest and healthiest I've ever been in my life. I hope some other people here get what I mean. Not everyone wants to stuff their face every day and pretend they "love" their obese body. Come on.

submitted by /u/p4rti2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/28PQFnd

No comments:

Post a Comment