Monday, July 18, 2022

Not losing weight if I exercise and diet but drop lbs quick if I only diet.

6’3 209lb Male

I’ve noticed many a time throughout my long and stressful journey of fat loss that exercise paired with my rigorous diet leads to very little if at all any weight loss. However, skipping my workouts and just focusing on the diet (keeping everything the same), I lose a lot very fast.

My gym routine consists of,

Cardio: 5 MPH 30 minutes on a treadmill

1 hour - 1 1/2 hours of weightlifting

I have used dozens of calorie/weight loss calculators online and all of them indicate that paired with my gym routine, I need ~2.3k calories to lose 2lb a week.

I eat around 1.0-1.4k calories a day. Basic stuff, chicken, egg, canned tuna, broccoli. Majority of my sugar comes from Greek yogurt which I have one serving of a day (9g of sugar). No bread no cheese. Only water (~3L a day). I use light seasoning to keep my sodium intake low. Progress has been so, so very slow and I’m beyond frustrated.

What I described in the title is something I’ve experienced many times for the past few years, but here is a more specific example.

For four days I went on vacation for July 4th holiday. I didn’t exercise one bit and lost 2.5lb in that short time frame.

When I returned I went back on my normal physical training regime. Two weeks later to the day, I have lost a grand total of:

0 lbs. I’ve lost nothing. I’m starving everyday. I go to bed mind numbingly hungry. I have zero energy to work out but I give it everything I can anyways and still no progress. This has been going on for a long time. I don’t understand how this is physically possible and am looking for some advice.

submitted by /u/Bahmawama
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fCKHasz

No comments:

Post a Comment