Friday, July 22, 2022

At what point in weight loss journey should I consider getting skin removal surgery?

F24, HW: 398lb, CW: 242lb, GW: 175-185( after skin removal surgery)

For those of you who lost 150lb-200lb, at what point did u get ur skin removal surgery? I had a phone convo with a surgeon who said they generally like to do the surgery about 25lb away from the goal weight (so that would be around 205lb).

I also talked to 2 other surgeons who said they dont consider surgery until 6 months of stabilized weight loss. (someone said this is only required for insurance to approve if they do pay for it).

Ive lost almost 160lb so far and I still have some weight to lose but I was really hoping I could get my surgeries done around December or January (in the next 5-6 months from now).

Im just so tired of putting in the hard work to get to where I am but when I look in the mirror all I see is hanging skin and a melted version of myself.

Advice? experience?

submitted by /u/zahimahi97
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/fmL4S5u

No comments:

Post a Comment