Friday, July 29, 2022

Getting real about my apron

Hey folks, I’ve (37F) had an apron developing since I was 15, even though I wasn’t obese at the time, just a bit overweight. Guess I have a predisposition to it. It’s been my most hated part of my body for as long as I can remember. It ruined my perception of myself during my pregnancies and finding underwear that makes me feel sexy has always been a challenge. No matter what I wear I feel it gives me a visible bulge. I’ve realised recently that this is what contributed to my BD.

Progress pics NSFW

There is 37kg difference between these two pics and on the left is the lightest I have ever been as an adult at 85kg. I’m 5’6”. Whilst I was so excited to finally make it out of the obese BMI I just couldn’t see the weight loss at ALL because all I could see was that I still had this big horrible apron. The loose and bumpy skin doesn’t even bother me it’s just the way it hangs over my thighs. I had worked so hard for 18 months to lose this weight and was so disheartened that I ended up ballooning back to 102 within 6 months.

I started getting back on track again a few months ago and am down to 95, in a much better head space and intending to work steadily down to 70. For those of you who have the panniculus issue - what should my realistic expectations be about it when I get into a healthy weight range? Is it gonna hang around until I can afford surgery or will those extra 15kg make a big difference to it? Any other tips for dealing with it in the meantime appreciated, both mentally and physically.

submitted by /u/Glad-Improvement-812
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cbifS1q

No comments:

Post a Comment