Saturday, July 30, 2022

I gained half a pound, I cried a little, and then used that disappointment as inspiration to keep going.

In April this year, I decided I was done being obese, I was sick of the aches and pains and struggles that came with it, and I was going to get healthy.

Since then, I’ve lost 36 pounds. No fad diets, just straight up healthy eating, exercise, and tracking calories. It’s been the easiest weight loss of my life, and so many ailments that plagued me are slowly disappearing.

Saying that last week was “stressful” is downplaying it. I found myself mindlessly snacking, and making choices that I knew weren’t the best, but in the moment, I didn’t care.

I did my weekly weigh in today, and I gained half a pound. Logically, I know that people fluctuate, and half a pound is nothing, especially compared to my success. Yet I cried. It made me more upset than I thought it would, and I felt like I failed. But after I finished my cry, I realized the reason I was so upset was because I actually care about myself again. I want to do better for me, and it felt like I let myself down.

So, I had a cheat day. After the last week, I deserved and needed a break. Tomorrow, I will go back to making the better choices, and I will no longer be upset about half a pound.

If the stories shared on this sub have taught me anything, it’s this: I need to love myself, and forgive myself when I stumble. ❤️

submitted by /u/foreveryword
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/vuiU4MC

No comments:

Post a Comment