Friday, July 15, 2022

being honest to yourself

So far I have been consistently tracking calories for around 3 months, and the biggest thing that I think has been helping is being actually honest with myself about what I'm capable of doing or not doing. Preivously I would buy a bag of candy or chips and say "oh, I'll just eat a few every day over the next few days", but then end up eating the entire bag that night and feeling terrible about it. Maybe for some people they are able to store junk food in their house, but that's just not me! Now instead of looking at serving sizes I immediately calculate how many calories eating the whole thing would be -- and big surprise, most of the time I'm putting whatever it was back on the shelf. But when I do end up giving in and buying a small thing of ice cream or chips, I'm actually enjoying it way more since I'm giving myself permission to eat the whole thing that night, rather than playing the game of putting it back in the freezer/cupboard then getting it out again every 20 minutes. A huge lifesaver for sugar cravings have been sugar-free chocolate pudding cups (shoutout to whoever made that post a while ago about sugar-free lime jello being their key to weight loss) as they taste good but not like, too good. And on nights where I end up eating 3 of them it feels super indulgent but its still <200 calories.

submitted by /u/anonymouscrane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NWB9lat

No comments:

Post a Comment