Sunday, July 31, 2022

I finally weighed in the "healthy" range!

Today, I reached one of my main weight loss goals, which was to get myself into a healthy weight range for my age/height. This is my first time being in this range since I first gained weight 7 years ago.

Last September, I weighed around 172. My highest ever was probably 174-178. I started one of those fitness challenges and lost maybe 5 pounds. It didnt go super well (bc it was unsustainable).

At the end of March I was 164, and decided to really focus on losing weight, but in the "easiest" way possible. I joined a gym and put really low expectations on myself. The goal was to go 3 days a week, for 30 minutes, and walking on the treadmill was totally acceptable. I knew this was the only way I would ever build the habit of going to the gym regularly. I gradually started lifting weights and walking/running and sometimes going to the gym 4 or 5 times a week.

I also started counting calories bc my portion control just doesnt exist. I found out my calories for maintenance and weight loss then tried to be within that range everyday.

I watched a shit ton of youtube videos on the subject bc that helped keep me motivated.

Today, I weighed in just under 150 lbs. My original GW was 145, but once I hit that Im going to shoot for 135 and try to build more muscle.

I lost 14 pounds in the last 4 months, and 22 pounds in the last 10. It was hard to see the progress until I remeasured myself and saw I lost INCHES since last September. I still had days I ate way too much food or drank too much alcohol or didnt move enough, but ultimately that slow progress was still there.

I know BMI isn't the best indicator of health, but I am proud of myself nonetheless. I feel so capable to be able to continue my journey of getting fit and healthy.

submitted by /u/Sufficient_Cow2382
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1ZL2SiY

No comments:

Post a Comment